Samsung’s flagship mobile phone has always been the advantage of taking pictures and videos that everyone appreciates and trusts, but sometimes it seems that the 12 million pixel camera that has been “polished” every year since the S7 era should have a successor? ! The latest flagship machine, the Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G, which was launched this year, is even said to be the emperor of the flagship machine. It is to tell everyone “Isn’t this new camera coming?” The Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G is also the flagship of Samsung with the highest performance. The strongest screen is waterproof, wireless charging, fast charging, and large-capacity batteries. The camera will bring you a 100 million-pixel camera with a large sensor. It is also equipped with a 10x hybrid optical zoom and a 100x ultra-high zoom folding lens. The new generation of cameras in Samsung’s flagship mobile phone is now!
- Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G specifications and features
- How to choose S20/S20+/S20 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G out of the box! Bigger screen flagship screen and evolve
- The monocular in the mobile phone world has evolved again! Hundreds of millions of pixels four lenses and 100x amazing 100x zoom
- Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G performance and power measurement
- Conclusion: Not one of the strongest Android flagships
Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G specifications and features
- 6.9” O Xtreme full screen, 3040 x 1440 (Quad HD+) resolution Dynamic AMOLED 2X panel, supports 120Hz high refresh rate/ 240Hz touch sampling rate
- Aluminum alloy frame + hyperboloid glass design body, the whole machine is IP68 waterproof and dustproof
- 7nm process manufacturing Qualcomm S865 processor
- 12GB/16GB RAM memory
- Built-in storage space 256GB/512GB
- Support MicroSD memory card, expandable up to 1TB
- Corning Gorilla Glass 6 / Supports Always On Display Technology
- Wide-angle lens 100 million pixels, f1.8 aperture + OIS optical anti-shake, support 9-in-1 pixel technology, support 8K/24 fps video recording
- Telephoto lens 48 million pixels, 10x hybrid optical zoom/100x ultra-high zoom, f/3.5 aperture, OIS optical anti-shake
- 120-degree ultra-wide-angle camera with 12 million pixels, f/2.2 aperture
- ToF Depth of Field Camera
- Front camera 40 million pixels, f/2.2 large aperture, support autofocus, 4K/60 fps recording
- Ultrasonic screen fingerprint recognition/face recognition
- Built-in NFC to support mobile payment
- Support 5G high-speed Internet, wide-angle lens 100 million pixels, dual card dual standby (Future update supports 5G+4G, slot and memory card are three-choice two-card slot)
- Built-in WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax 2.4G+5GHz, MIMO, 1024-QAM / BT 5.0
- Built-in 5000 mAh battery / built-in Qi wireless charging
- USB Type C port, standard 25W charger
How to choose S20/S20+/S20 Ultra 5G
Before officially unpacking and reviewing the Galaxy S20 Ultra5G, I will tell you briefly how to choose the three flagship phones of S20/S20+/S20 Ultra 5G. I believe this should also be a problem for many friends. Focus on finishing, you can give everyone a quick choice:
- All three performances are top S865 processors and 12GB memory, and S20 Ultra also has a top version with 16GB memory.
- All three are top Dynamic AMOLED 2X panels with different sizes but the resolutions are all the same 3K resolution. They also support 120Hz high screen update frequency and 240Hz touch sampling rate.
- The S20/S20+ camera combination is almost the same, the only difference is that S20+ has a ToF depth-of-field lens.
- The S20/S20+ lens combinations are standard + ultra-wide-angle + telephoto. The wide-angle lens maintains 12 million and has dual-pixel focusing, and the photosensitive element is enlarged.
- The S20/S20+ telephoto lens is a 64 million large-scale photosensitive element, which can achieve 3x hybrid optical zoom, up to 30x ultra-high zoom, and has OIS optical anti-shake. At the same time, this group of lenses is also used for 8K@24 fps video recording.
- The front lens of S20/S20+ is 10 million pixels and supports dual-pixel focusing, and supports up to 4K@60 fps video recording.
- The S20 Ultra is a more flagship camera configuration than the S20/S20+. The wide-angle lens has a large sensor with 100 million pixels and supports 9-in-1 pixel binning.
- The S20 Ultra telephoto lens is a 10x hybrid optical zoom/up to 100x ultra-high zoom.
- All three are equipped with 25W fast charge/wireless charging/wireless power-sharing/IP68 waterproof and dustproof.
- All three support MicroSD memory card expansion.
Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G out of the box! Bigger screen flagship screen and evolve
This time, the Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G has two color styles: Starry Gray and Starry Black (the 512GB version is only the Starry Gray version). The Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G screen naturally continues to evolve. In recent years, Samsung’s flagship mobile phone screen is almost synonymous with the industry’s top screen, and the Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G screen has also moved up to a 6.9-inch large screen this time.
The O limit is full screen. With narrower bezels, the Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G screen accounts for an astonishing 94.2%, with a maximum brightness of 1200nit) and has passed HDR10+ certification. The Dynamic AMOLED 2X screen has an excellent DCI-P3 wide color gamut and TüV Rheinland low blue light certification. It also added a 120Hz high refresh rate display capability and can reach a 240Hz touch sampling rate, and once again pushed the title of the top screen to a higher level!
O Extreme full screen
The Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G’s O Xtreme full screen adopts the same design of centering the front lens as the Note 10, and the significantly smaller lens opening has 40 million pixels and f/2.2 aperture specifications. Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G It is Samsung’s highest pixel front lens ever. It supports four-in-one pixel technology and autofocus. The front lens even supports high-level and smooth recording performance up to 4K@60 fps!
120Hz high update rate
The 120Hz high update rate is really very impressive. If you say that the 90Hz high update rate display that appeared last year can feel smoother with a little experience, then the Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G now brings 120Hz, and everyone can definitely feel more smoothly. Not to mention the situation of game support, just scrolling the webpage and sliding the Facebook page, you can feel the super smooth feeling. If you want to talk about the new technology that can’t go back to the past with habit, then the 120Hz high update rate screen it’s definitely a fortune.
However, it is a pity that the premise of turning on 120Hz on the Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G is that the resolution must be FHD+. It is reasonable to speculate that it is to control power consumption. However, we definitely recommend that you use 120Hz because it is really smooth and very impressive. , And I hope that in the future, it would be great if the system update can provide users to completely decide the resolution and screen update frequency.
Side curved screen angle
In addition to the same top-level screen display capability, the Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G screen has a big chance that this year’s curved screen has been significantly reduced, which also gives the visual effect a narrower border display experience, but the Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G screen edges are almost It can be said that it is very close to the flat screen of the past. Some media will call it a 2.75D screen instead of a 3D edge in the past. Simply put, the side curved screen angle of the Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G has become smaller. Don’t worry about the wrong touch of the edge in the past, but the visual effect is the same as the ultra-narrow bezel of the curved screen. Oh, by the way, Samsung has already put a very good quality original protective sticker on the Galaxy S20 5G flagship series when it leaves the factory.
Full screen gesture function
To remind everyone that the Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G has such a narrow frame and full screen, it is strongly recommended that you can turn on the full-screen gesture function. From Android 10 system OneUI 2.0 including Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G, all support Samsung full-screen gestures and Android native style full-screen gestures. Turn on full-screen gestures. In addition, we also recommend that you should install the One Hand Operation + software that Samsung officially provides, which can provide more gesture operation functions, and it is also free software. The Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G adopts the industry’s strongest and latest sixth-generation Corning Gorilla Glass both on the screen surface and the back of the machine, providing users with more scratch-resistant, drop-resistant, best display, and reliable protection.
Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G camera module
The main lens of the Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G is the same four-lens combination of standard + telephoto + ultra-wide-angle and ToF, but it can be said that the lens module is greatly updated. The wide-angle lens is a 100 million-pixel sensor with a volume of up to 1/1.33″ and supports up to 9 The all-in-one pixel technology also has OIS optical anti-shake, and the ultra-wide-angle is 12 million pixels; the ultra-telephoto lens is also the main Space Zoom function of the S20 Ultra this time, and the 48 million-pixel large-size photosensitive element is matched OIS and AI technology can achieve amazing shooting capabilities of 10x lossless zoom or even up to 100x ultra-high zoom. The top of the Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G machine is equipped with a SIM card slot and a microphone for noise reduction. The SIM card slot is a three-to-two card slot
Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G security identification
The security recognition part of the Galaxy S20 5G flagship series supports both face recognition and fingerprint recognition. The fingerprint recognition uses screen fingerprint recognition based on ultrasonic screen fingerprint recognition technology. The advantage of using 3D Sonic Sensor is that it provides a relative photoelectric fingerprint. With a higher security level, there is a lower demand for the brightness of external light, and the recognition rate for wet hands is also better.
The S20 series is the third generation of ultrasonic screen fingerprint recognition technology after S10/Note10. The recognition position is more natural and the recognition area seems to be larger. Thus we feel that the recognition speed is faster when using the original protective sticker. The success rate is also higher. Of course, it is necessary to pay attention to the needs and thickness of the screen protector. For example, a thicker glass protector may affect fingerprint recognition. Users should choose a screen protector. Pay more attention to it.
Samsung Pay mobile payment
Oh, yes. Of course, S20 Ultra also supports the best Samsung Pay mobile payment, and recently Taiwan has also opened the Samsung Pay leisure card function. It is really a function that can be expected in a lifetime. Samsung Pay can not only be used with ordinary leisure travel. The same physical value-adding method of the card can also be directly stored in Samsung Pay, or it can be directly linked with Youyoupay to achieve automatic value-added, which is the most perfect solution for electronic mobile Youyou cards on the market.
Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G buttons
The Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G buttons are designed to be concentrated on the right side. In addition to the volume buttons, there is also a power button with an integrated Bixby function. Whether to use the Bixby button function or not can also be set on or off in the settings. The automatic facial recognition system is turned on, the phone is lifted to automatically wake up the screen, double-tap to wake up the screen, SmartLock and other functions are mixed to use, which can be more convenient and faster to operate the machine to start.
The bottom of the Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G uses a Type C interface that supports high speed. This time, the 3.5mm headphone jack was removed for lighter and thinner and larger batteries. The AKG headset in the box is the corresponding Type C interface version; besides Type C at the bottom, it has In addition to the microphone, the dual-speaker design that also works with the top earpiece supports Dolby Atmos technology and AKG sound adjustment.
Samsung’s new true wireless Bluetooth headset-Galaxy Bud+
In addition, this time Samsung also launched the new Galaxy Bud+, a true wireless Bluetooth headset that is very popular with users with the S20 series. It is the same stylish and lightweight appearance as the previous generation. After the evolution, it adopts AKG tuned high and low double dynamic speakers. It has pure and full sound quality; the intelligent noise reduction three-microphone design provides more excellent noise reduction quality for calls, and the 22-hour long battery is a super practical highlight.
T7 SSD portable high-speed mobile hard drive
The S20 Ultra’s high-speed USB C can also be used to expand the peripherals~ I also recommend Samsung’s new T7 SSD that can be used for fingerprint identification data protection. It is a portable high-speed mobile hard disk. It is a good combination. Don’t forget that the same complete functions are not discounted at all, IP68 waterproof and dustproof are also available!
The monocular in the mobile phone world has evolved again! Hundreds of millions of pixels four lenses and 100x amazing 100x zoom
“The strongest camera in Samsung’s history” is even “the strongest camera combination in mobile phones now”! This is definitely not an exaggeration. Today’s mobile phone’s latest and largest 1/1.33″ size sensor has a 100 million-pixel wide-angle lens. The 10x hybrid optical zoom challenges the 100x ultra-exaggerated telephoto lens. The new four-lens plus 40 million pixels The front camera is an unprecedented evolution!
The four-lens composition of the Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G includes:
- Wide-angle lens 100 million pixels, 79-degree f/1.8 large aperture, 9-in-1 pixel combining technology, OIS optical anti-shake
- Ultra wide-angle 16 million pixels, 120 degrees f/2.2 aperture
- Super telephoto 48 million pixels, 24 degrees, 10x hybrid optical zoom, 100x ultra-high zoom, f/3.5 aperture, OIS optical anti-shake
- ToF depth of field lens
One hundred million pixels super large photosensitive element! 9-in-1 pixels are super clear day and night
The wide-angle lens of the Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G is not only an ultra-high resolution of 100 million pixels but also a large photosensitive element with a size of up to 1/1.33″. It is important to know that the common photosensitive elements of general mobile phones are 1/2.55″ or even Even smaller, the Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G camera can be said to use a more powerful photosensitive element than the general consumer card camera, and it is even very close to many 1-inch micro-monoculars that focus on excellent image quality!
The Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G’s billion-pixel camera, by default, will output 12 million pixels with nine-in-one pixel technology. The nine-in-one pixel technology can take clearer photos under low light conditions. For scenes with high-resolution image quality, you can also select 108MP in the photo ratio option, and it will output ultra-high-resolution photos. You can take a look at the test shots with hundreds of millions of pixels. The details are amazing after zooming in.
But of course, there are disadvantages of high resolution, that is, the file is really big. Generally, a 12 million-pixel photo is about 4.5MB, while a 100 million-pixel photo is about 20MB. Fortunately, the S20 Ultra (NT$43,900) starts. Built-in 256GB built-in space, you can also install a memory card, so there is no need to worry.
In general, we recommend that you usually shoot in automatic mode. In addition to using pixel binning to have a large dynamic range and excellent performance in low light sources, the Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G camera maintains the same useful and powerful AI scene intelligent recognition function, regardless of shooting portraits or landscapes. , Flowers, grass, or food, the camera will automatically switch to the best parameters for a shooting. This is also a major trend in the development of modern mobile phones. As long as the user presses the shutter, the mobile phone will provide a good picture as much as possible.
The strongest long-range 100x zoom really feels
This is so amazing that I can see this amazing number on my mobile phone in my lifetime! The Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G is technically a folding lens structure and uses a 48 million high-pixel sensor with a telephoto lens. The combination of a high-pixel large sensor and a folding lens can achieve a 10x hybrid optical zoom effect, and the ultra-high magnification The maximum zoom is an astonishing number of 100x, and the telephoto lens also has OIS optical anti-shake, and this time the Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G can turn on the night scene mode regardless of the wide-angle lens/ultra-wide-angle/telephoto lens to get a better picture.
In fact, in the test, the success rate of telephoto zoom has a high success rate in indoor and even night shooting. It can be said that the image quality is very good within 10x, and the image quality will decline at the beginning, but the usability of 30x is also quite High.
Small and thoughtful software is also worthy of praise. When high magnification and long-range, it is often difficult to capture the focus of the shot because the angle of view is too narrow. When the Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G is at high zoom, the upper left corner will automatically A large picture appears and “indicates” which part of the lens is currently facing, making it easier for users to lock the focus of the shot.
Night scene mode
It’s quite surprising that the success rate of using a normal focus lens at night and the availability of photos are quite high, and you can even turn on the night scene mode to shoot so that multiple shots can be combined at a long distance. Generally speaking, you can switch to a more pure shot.
Ultra wide-angle lens
The addition of ultra-wide-angle lenses can be said to be one of our favorite mobile phone development trends in recent years. A wider lens allows users to have more creative methods and provide more opportunities for creation and use. “One inch is one inch long. Strong, one inch short and one-inch risk! The ancients said that the same is true for weapons, and also for taking pictures. The tension of ultra-wide-angle is unmatched by ordinary viewing angles, and the visual courage and impact are strong!
Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G ultra stable dynamic photography
In the part of the video recording, Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G provides the “ultra-stable dynamic photography” capability based on ultra-wide-angle cropping and correction. The resolution will be limited to 1080P@30 fps when it is turned on. The actual shooting effect feels like a mobile phone. A three-axis stabilizer is installed!
S20 Ultra ultra-stable dynamic photography vs. S10+ ultra-stable dynamic photography. In fact, S10 has already supported super anti-shake technology from the beginning, but you can find that S20 Ultra has more stable and better picture quality.
Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G 8K high-definition video recording
In addition to the super anti-shake ability, the Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G’s highest video recording specification has been upgraded from 4K@60 fps to 8K@24 fps, which is astonishingly high-definition. Oh my God, we haven’t bought an 8K screen (look towards Samsung’s beautiful 8K TV…).
8K@24 fps is the amazing recording effect with the highest image quality at present, and it is actually very suitable for shooting video situations that require post-production editing processing, because of the advantages of 8K high resolution, it can be used when subsequent cropping is required, Can be close to providing 2x magnification without distortion.
Crop zoom 2x output 4K video
The length of 8K video is 1:12, and the file size is about 690MB. It is also provided for your reference~
4K@30 fps front camera recording test video
Super anti-shake, 4K@60 fps front and rear camera recording, 8K@24 fps high-quality recording, the recording function is too complete!
ToF depth of field lens
In the portrait part, in addition to the front lens and main lens that can use AI technology to achieve excellent portrait shooting effects, the ToF time-of-flight distance measurement “depth of field lens” at the back can be used to obtain accurate 3D depth and distance information of the subject. Therefore, ToF will help detect the high-precision background and target portrait information when shooting portraits, and achieve a more accurate background blur effect.
Before and after the portrait mode shooting, the lens can provide real-time adjustment of depth and shallow depth of field simulation of 1 ~ 7 levels, and has the depth of field effects such as rotation, bokeh, soft focus, and color extraction, the effect is very obvious. The front lens is a single lens, but AI technology can also be used to achieve real-time depth-of-field preview function!
Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G performance and power measurement
Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G adopts an S865 processor and 12GB/16GB built-in memory specifications. This time, the Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G also makes full use of the advantages of 12GB/16GB of large-capacity memory, allowing users to select in the program a multitasking screen to keep up to 3 applications in the memory without being closed so that these The selected program switch starts faster.
In addition to using the latest LPDDR5 memory, the Galaxy S20 Ultra’s built-in storage space is also a mobile phone equipped with the latest UFS 3.0 high-speed storage memory particles. It is the fastest measured effect on mobile phones. The measured reading can reach 1633.65MB/s, and writing It can reach 738.76MB/s, which is very helpful for overall system operation response and game loading time.
Electricity testing is also one of the focuses of users’ concerns. The capacity of the Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G’s built-in battery as 5000 mAh. The measured electric power was tested using PCMARK as a standard test. It tested 80% ~ 20% of the power operation and simulated Internet access and work. , The mixed application of the game, the test result is 16 hours and 39 minutes.
This time, the screen of the Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G has also reached a new peak. It is already the top screen in the industry. This time it also adds a 120Hz high refresh rate display capability. This is also the new mobile phone trend in the past year. The most intriguing point and many friends are very concerned about the effects of various combinations on the Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G under different combinations of “resolution” and “picture update frequency”.
- Resolution FHD+ plus 60Hz screen update frequency test result: 16 hours and 39 minutes (999 minutes)
- Resolution WQHD+ plus 60Hz screen update frequency test result: 15 hours 59 minutes (959 minutes)
- Resolution FHD+ plus 120Hz screen update frequency test results: 12 hours 54 minutes (774 minutes)
The results of the test basically have the following conclusions:
- The resolution has little effect, only a 4% difference
- The screen update frequency has a greater impact on the power, which consumes an additional 22.5%
- 120Hz feels very obvious. Everyone thinks that it is worth turning on in exchange for power consumption. The main reason is that the S20 Ultra has a built-in large-capacity battery. The result is still enough to use after deducting the power consumption.
- It is also a pity that the resolution and screen update frequency does not provide automatic switching options. I hope that the system can update to provide this function in the future.
This part of the test screen brightness is the same as 200 Lux. The volume is adjusted to the maximum volume of the phone, and the remote 4G SIM card is installed uniformly as a fixed test condition, and the phone is charged to 100% in advance to start the test. The test project process and results are as follows :
- Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G mobile phone standby for 8 hours test, the measured consumption of 2% power, the remaining 98%
- Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G network video playback test for 1 hour, the actual test consumes 5% power and the remaining 93% power
- Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G shooting 3D mobile game test for 1 hour (PUBG Mobile), the measured consumption of 13% power, the remaining 80% power
- The Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G camera has a continuous video recording test for 1 hour, and the measured consumption consumes 18% of the battery and the remaining 62% of the battery
- The Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G browser continuously reads and browses for 1 hour, and actually consumes 7% of the battery, and the remaining 55% of the battery
This time, the S20 series directly support the 25W fast charging function, and the 25W fast charger is directly attached in the box. You can see that the S20 series charger has been changed to the same USB C interface as the PD charger. The specifications are supported. 5V/3A, 9V/2.77A, 5.9V/3A, 11V/2.25A, and other specifications. In the actual test, the Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G power consumption is 0% and automatically shuts down. After connecting to the 25W fast charger, the power is turned on and the software is used to record the charging information and graph it. Although the Galaxy S20 Ultra is the same 25W fast charge, it seems to be better. Now, the 5000mAh of the Galaxy S20 Ultra can be fully charged with 100% power in one hour.
It’s amazing! Large-capacity battery, lightning-fast charge 2.0, wireless flash charge 2.0, wireless power-sharing, high performance and even IP68 waterproof, Galaxy S20 Ultra is the strongest and most complete flagship phone~
Conclusion: Not one of the strongest Android flagships
Few conclusions dare to make this, think about it, it seems that only today S20 Ultra this time, give a full performance configuration, push the battery to 5000mAh, like wireless power-sharing, IP68 waterproof and dustproof, And then the camera system is replaced with a new-generation new combination, which is also a luxurious 100 million pixels + ultra wide-angle + 100 times ultra-high zoom, and a front 40 million selfie lens, which is basically a luxurious full set, all at once ~ children make choices what! Adults like Ahui choose the flagship machine to “all need” “all the strongest” like S20 Ultra!!
Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra(12G/256G) 6.9-inch five-lens phone
- 4G+ 4G dual card dual standby (upgrade to 5G + 4G in the future)
- Android operating system, One UI 2.1 operation interface
- 9-inch Dynamic AMOLED 2X touch screen
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 865, 2.8GHz + 2.4GHz + 1.8GHz octa-core processor
- Front 40 million pixel lens
- Rear 108 million pixels + 12 million pixels + 48 million pixels + ToF depth of field main camera
- IP68 waterproof and dustproof rating
- Ultrasonic fingerprint recognition, face unlock
- Adopt USB Type-C specification, support 45W lightning-fast charge, 15W wireless flash charge 2.0, wireless power-sharing
- Support MicroSD memory card, up to 1TB storage space