In this article, I am going to discuss Simple Mobile APN Settings and how to setup simple mobile APN settings for iPhone as well as how to setup simple mobile APN settings for android.
What is APN setting?
APN is an abbreviation for A (access) P (point) N (name), and it is an important setting that makes your smartphone recognize the Internet connection destination.
If you want to use mobile data, you must set APN.
This is one of the initial settings, and if you purchase a new smartphone, set it before using it.
If you follow the procedure, it will take about 3 minutes. If you do not know, you can also use the support of each company.
Preparation for APN setting
All you need to prepare in advance is a SIM card and a smartphone to be configured.
For the iPhone, you need to connect to Wi-Fi. Make settings in an environment where you can communicate via Wi-Fi (home, mobile router, free Wi-Fi, etc.).
Insert the SIM card into the smartphone, turn on the power, and make it ready for setting.
APN setting procedure
It is a simple setting that can be completed in about 3 minutes if you proceed according to the procedure.
The setting method differs between iPhone and Android. Please check each setting procedure below.
How to Setup Simple Mobile APN Settings For iPhone
If you have an iPhone, you can view your APN settings in the following location:
- Open “Safari” (browser) with Wi-Fi already connected.
- Go to this website
- Select your country, carrier and Click on create APN
- A New tab will popup, you have to allow to open the settings
- Click on install
- After installation APN settings will get saved automatically in your iPhone. Delete this app afterward
How to Setup Simple Mobile APN Settings For Android
On an Android smartphone, all you have to do is do a long press on the mobile data icon or go to:
- Tap the settings icon.
- Click on connections.
- Click on the mobile network.
Note: Item names may vary depending on model.
- Tap the access point names.
- In the upper right corner of the screen Tap on “ADD”.
Note: The location and display of the icon may vary depending on the model.
- Enter the required information on the access point edit screen.
Note: In rare cases, settings other than [Name], [APN], [User Name], [Password], and [Authentication Type] are required.
- Give this setting a name. (The name can be anything, but we recommend that you enter the name of the carrier you have a contract with.)
- Enter the manual enclosed with the purchased SIM card or the APN written on the manufacturer’s homepage.
- Also, enter the user name field.
- Enter the password here as well.
- Finally, select the authentication type.
- After entering each item, tap the checkmark at the top right of the screen to save.
- Finally, select the newly created APN item to complete the setting!
Note: Please note that depending on the model, it may take some time for the APN to start normally, or the settings may not be reflected without restarting.
If the APN still does not start, reset the settings once, and try again. There are many cases where the APN does not start due to an input error.
If there is no problem with the main unit and settings but the APN does not start, please contact the manufacturer.