I believe you have seen the development of the mobile phone market. In this article, I will sort out the trend of smartphone development in 2020 and predict the possible situation, and share with you~
- Trend 1: Cheap mobile phones dominate
- Trend 2: Multiple lenses and over 100 million pixels are the basic specifications
- Trend 3: More extensive screen applications
- Trend 4: Mobile phones with high battery and fast charging speeds
- Trend 5: Folding phones will become mainstream
- Trend 6: The 5G era is coming
Trend 1: Cheap mobile phones dominate
In the future, affordable mobile phones will dominate. From Apple’s launch of the affordable iPhone SE, just like the iPhone SE in the past, because the high CP value attracts everyone’s attention, and the price is close to the people, the petty bourgeoisie group can join the ranks of fruit fans without pain.
At the end of last year, Google launched a new feature “Feature Drop “, allowing users of its Pixel phones to continue to receive new features, making their phones “used and newer” and more “value for money”. This strategy was also developed for Google’s biggest rival, Apple, in order to consolidate the stickiness of its own users, and also hope to attract fruit fans to join in.
It can be seen that affordable mobile phones will be a battleground for major brands in the future.
Redmi Note 8T (4GB/64GB) 48MP Quad Camera Phone
- 48 million pixels ultra-high quality four cameras
- A 6.3-inch waterdrop screen
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 665
- 4000mAh extra-large battery
- Support multi-function NFC
- One year warranty
Samsung Galaxy A70 6G/128GB
- 6.7 inch U limit fullscreen
- Qualcomm S675 octa-core processor
- Three-lens main camera + 32 million pixel front lens
- 123 degree super wide-angle lens
- 32 million pixels day and night smart switching lens
- Depth of field effect lens
- 4G+4G triple card dual standby/4500mah power
- One year warranty by the agent or Samsung original factory
Trend 2: Multiple lenses and over 100 million pixels are the basic specifications
In 2019, we have seen the appearance of five-lens mobile phones (Nokia 9 PureView). Most new mobile phone brands also start with three-lens specifications. Even Apple has launched the iPhone 11 Pro/ 11 Pro Max to join the three-lens ranks. By 2020, the number of mobile phone lenses will increase. Samsung even has mid-level A series. Four shots! Basically, the future flagship machine may not be enough if it does not have four lenses!
In addition to the number of lenses, mobile phones with cameras exceeding 100 million pixels have also kicked off in 2019: Xiaomi’s flagship mobile phone Note 10 Pro (C9 Pro Premium Edition), followed by Samsung S20 Ultra with six lenses, the highest resolution The degree reaches 108 million pixels.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra (12G/256G) 6.9-inch five-lens phone
- Android operating system
- Front 40 million pixel lens
- Rear 108 million pixels + 12 million pixels + 48 million pixels + ToF depth of field main camera
- IP68 waterproof and dustproof rating
- Support MicroSD memory card, up to 1TB storage space
Trend 3: More extensive screen applications
Screen applications will be more extensive. Full screens and screen openings are not new concepts, but as full screens become more and more popular, related applications are bound to become more sophisticated! Such as “screen fingerprint recognition “, “full-screen voice technology“, and the “under-screen lens technology” that the market is looking forward to this year may all be realized!
Screen application trends
- Screen fingerprint recognition
- Full-screen sound technology: In order to pursue a higher screen-to-body ratio, the “forehead” of the mobile phone no longer has an eye-catching earpiece opening, and it has been developed to use screen vibration to transmit sound to the ear. The principle is to drive the front screen through an exciter and as a result, the screen is used as a vibrating body, and sound waves are generated by vibration and then transmitted to the human ear.
- Under-screen lens technology: In order to achieve a true full screen, the solution is to reroute the front lens below the screen. Use a special coating to cover the front lens and the fuselage. There is a small “transparent area” at the top of the screen. “This area has the characteristics of low reflection and high light transmittance, which can display content when not taking pictures, and turn into the transparent glass when taking pictures.
Trend 4: Mobile phones with high battery and fast charging speeds
There should also be more and more high-power mobile phones. The current functions of mobile phones have improved a lot compared to the past. People use mobile phones for a longer time and higher adhesion. In addition, in order to solve the problem of high power consumption of 5G mobile phones, in addition to increasing the battery capacity of mobile phones to 4000～5000mAh to extend the endurance, the wired fast charging, which was still listed as an option in the past few years, will also become standard, and it will develop towards high-power fast charging. It is rumored that Xiaomi will launch a 100W superfast charge this year, and a mobile phone with a 4000mAh battery can be charged in 17 minutes, pushing fast charge to another level.
Moto G8P 6.5-inch high-power smart phone 4G/64G
- Using Android™ 9 Pie operating system
- 6.5-inch HD+ touch screen
- The rear lens is 16 million pixels + 2 million pixels + 2 million pixels
- The front lens is 8 million pixels
- 5000mAh large battery
- Equipped with MediaTek P35 processor
- iOS 13 operating system
- 6.5-inch Super Retina XDR OLED display
- A13 Bionic six-core processor
- 12 million pixels super wide-angle (120° viewing angle), wide-angle and telephoto three-camera system, night mode, portrait light with six effects
- 12 million pixel front camera
- IP68 waterproof and dustproof
Trend 5: Folding phones will become mainstream
Smart foldable mobile phones following the emergence of Samsung Galaxy Fold, Huawei Mate X, Motorola Razr, Xiaomi MIX Aplha and other foldable phones last year, the public’s discussion and expectations for this product have really exploded. In 2020, Samsung will launch the Galaxy Z Flip again. The editor predicts that as more brands launch folding machines, folding machines are expected to become the mainstream of smartphones again.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip
- 6.7-inch screen
- Qualcomm S855+ processor
- Hidden shaft design
- 10 million pixels front camera
- 12MP + 12MP main lens
- 3300mAh smart dual battery
- Wireless power charging sharing other devices
Trend 6: The 5G era is coming
The last trend is that the 5G generation is really coming! Simply put, 5G has the characteristics of fast speed and low latency, which can greatly change the level of our lives, including the combination of 5G and VR/AR, smart manufacturing, smart medical, smart transportation, smart business, and other fields.
5G has three major characteristics of ultra-large mobile broadband, ultra-low latency, and massive connections, which can correspond to three different types of applications. Ultra-large mobile broadband can bring consumer applications such as 4K/8K audio and video, e-sports, AR/VR, and ultra-low latency can achieve industrial and industrial applications such as the Internet of Vehicles, smart manufacturing, telemedicine, and remote control. As for mass connections, It can create a new application of the Internet of Things. Let us wait for the services provided by various telecom operators after the launch of 5G in the second half of the year~
After reading the above six major trends, the main focus of this year should be the changes in the situation after the launch of 5G ~ Let us look forward to the increase in price and performance of other mobile phones, and mobile phones with higher CP values will be available on the market. Choose!